Home > Windows 7 > 5 Minutes To Shut Down.

5 Minutes To Shut Down.

Contents

o.0 Edited by TheWhiteRose000, 27 June 2010 - 07:39 PM. 0 #10 GeekyGamer Posted 29 June 2010 - 05:05 AM GeekyGamer New Member Topic Starter Member 4 posts I used CCleaner After the window shows up, though, it seems to shut down as normal but still slower than it did before the problem. Any ideas what the problem is and how I can fix it? Knights Gaming 33.802 görüntüleme 2:16 How to FIX : Your PC Ran Into a Problem and Needs to Restart | INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE - Süre: 7:41.

Your advice no 3; "Driver Or Operating System Problems - IObit offers a tool called Driver Booster that can scan your PC for outdated drivers and update them for you." did Computer takes an excessively long time to shut down [SOLVED] Reznik Registered User regular February 2011 edited February 2011 in Help / Advice Forum Background: My computer recently had a run-in Switching to Linux Will Be Easy If You Know This Linux Tired of Windows? From what I understand it's when you actually chose the "shut down" option and not when you're navigating in the start menus that the slowdown occurs? http://superuser.com/questions/265692/shutting-down-windows-7-automatically-10-minutes-from-now

Windows 10 Takes A Long Time To Shut Down

Again, if its quick then the cause is definitely a device or program. Sign In · Register Penny Arcade Forums › Help / Advice Forum Categories Recent Threads Best Of... Solving a driver problem can be more difficult because most companies do not have an auto-update tool available.

Ask ! Bu videoyu Daha Sonra İzle oynatma listesine eklemek için oturum açın Ekle Oynatma listeleri yükleniyor... If you see it, right-click it and then click Modify, and change its value to 1. Windows 7 Shutting Down Stuck Here's the link to the article.http://wind8apps.com/speed-up-slow-shutdown-windows-10/ AnonymousSep 25, 2015, 10:06 AM Baumy15 said: Anonymous said: HDD It will be the HDD it will write down what ever is in the ram

Do... Windows 7 Takes A Long Time To Shut Down Update and shut down. 3. I haven't backed anything up on my computer, I was wondering if someone knew what my problem was or any solutions to at least save my data (I was planning on https://forums.techguy.org/threads/shutdown-takes-5-minutes.929391/ do you have an SSD or HDD?

Windows must shut down system processes, save data, and purge unneeded information from memory. Delay Shutdown Windows 7 give's it a nice boost. Matt Smith February 4, 2014 04-02-2014 6 minutes Is Windows Taking Forever to Shut Down? The Dangers of Northern Hurricanes Confessions of a Reality-Show Survival Guide The Inspiration for Mind-Control Conspiracy Theories Faces Its Demise Why NASA Is Flying Drones Into Hurricanes 8 Ways to Protect

Windows 7 Takes A Long Time To Shut Down

back to this article heading, "Is Windows Taking Forever To Shut Down? http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/topic/279831-windows-7-takes-5-mins-to-shutdown/ Computer still shutting itself off?Boot from your Hardware Test disc. Windows 10 Takes A Long Time To Shut Down Everything You Need to Know Productivity Windows Want Outlook Express on Windows 10? Windows 10 Stuck On Shutting Down It takes minutes to start and desktop to appear.

You could interpret that as a simple... Here are 3 tips to shut down your home's systems in 5 minutes. Author Copy Created with Sketch. If its faster, you could narrow it down to either a bad driver or a bad device. Privacy Policy Terms of Use Sales and Refunds Legal Site Map Contact Apple Gezinmeyi atla TROturum açAra Yükleniyor... Windows 8.1 Slow Shutdown

Daha fazla göster Dil: Türkçe İçerik konumu: Türkiye Kısıtlı Mod Kapalı Geçmiş Yardım Yükleniyor... The breakdown: shutdown = pretty self-explanatory command -s = shutdown type is shutdown (as opposed to -r for restart) -f = force running apps to close without warning -t 00 = Reply Ana Turcanu November 5, 2015 at 11:51 pm I’m having the same problem now, how did you fix it? Right-click it, select Modify, and change the value to 0.

Start Windows in safe mode - hit F5 a number of times just after booting up but BEFORE you see the Windows logo (for me F5 and F8 bring up the Delayed Shutdown Windows 10 Missing $ error Finding digits that sum to 15 It's time for a clock challenge! Ever done a hard shutdown?

black screen flickering randomly while playing games post windows 10 update HELP Windows 10 after BIOS either takes me to 'choose an option' or black screen solved Black Screen and needs

Another thing to do is to start in Safe mode and see how shutdown behaves from there. Kapat Evet, kalsın. If I hit the power button instead of going through the start menu then it starts shutting down as normal (everything closes, desktop goes away, it goes to the 'saving your Slow Shutdown Windows 7 64 Bit This can cause delays.

Computer still shutting itself off?Boot from your Hardware Test disc. Please note that, if you’re using a PC from your place of employment, the page file may be cleared for a reason. please help. Apple may provide or recommend responses as a possible solution based on the information provided; every potential issue may involve several factors not detailed in the conversations captured in an electronic

GeekyGamer, Jun 15, 2010 #1 Sponsor caseygill03 Joined: Jun 12, 2010 Messages: 36 More than likely this is caused by a program or service hanging up during shutdown Try doing I have 6 GB OF RAM! Could try going to the task manager by doing ctrl+alt+del, killing a process showing under your name, trying to get the shut down window up and repeating. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

Baumy15Sep 23, 2015, 3:32 AM Anonymous said: HDD It will be the HDD it will write down what ever is in the ram so it will be writing cached files updating Required fields are marked *Comment Name * Email * Matt Smith 910 articles Matthew Smith is a freelance writer living in Portland Oregon. Is this normal? Yet there’s more to shutting down than just cutting the power.

I have changed wait to kill service to 2000 in regedit. Reply Anon June 30, 2016 at 5:44 pm I'll challenge that. Sometimes, clearing the Page File at shutdown is enabled for security reasons. Some trial-and-error may be required to confirm which program is causing shutdown to hang.

Specs: Windows XP sp3, 2.31 GHz AMD Phenom X3, 4 GB RAM (well, 3 that XP can recognize anyway). Read More ; how hard can it be? Sign In Use Facebook Use Twitter Use Windows Live Register now! In Windows 10, Windows Update automatically updates hardware drivers.

You will now see a list of processes that are shutting down on the Shutting down… screen, which will help you determine what is causing your problem. So far I have not detected any problems as a result of these tweaks so you may want to give them a try. Reply cwm December 12, 2014 at 1:32 am Thx for the helpful article!